TURBOCHARGER INSTALLATION - REGULATIONS
Instructions for the installation of a turbocharger, this is only allowed by a car-workshop!
(1) Attention! Incorrect use of a turbocharger or changes to the turbocharger can lead to damage.
(2) Therefore, observe the repair instructions of the engine manufacturer and the following general notes for installation.
(3) Check the design number on the nameplate of the turbocharger you have with that of the old turbocharger for consistency.
(4) Before assembly, the air filter must be changed.
(5) The oil filter and engine oil must be changed before assembly.
(6) It is mandatory to change the oil inlet line.
(7) It is mandatory to replace the oil return line.
(8) Check or clean the engine intake line and exhaust manifold. Foreign matter in the lines will certainly cause damage during startup.
(9) Please note that on BMW and Audi A6 the crankcase ventilation filter must be replaced!
(10) Check the entire air duct between the turbocharger and the engine - especially the intercooler - for oil residues and remove them.
(11) Caution: Risk of engine damage due to uncontrolled start-up. If necessary, replace the intercooler.
(12) Fill the oil inlet bore of the turbocharger with clean engine oil to ensure proper lubrication during startup.
(13) Assemble the turbocharger using new flange gaskets . As a rule, the connecting bolts of the turbine housing mounting are hot tight. Use only bolts of suitable specification. Never use liquid sealants when connecting the oil lines.
(14) Start the engine so that it (does not ) start:
- times 20-30 seconds - to build up oil pressure.
- times 20-30 seconds - to bleed the pressure line and the turbocharger
- times 20-30 seconds - to remove any air pockets that may have remained.
(15) Caution: Start the engine only when the turbocharger is supplied with sufficient oil pressure and let the engine run for about 30 to 40 minutes without accelerating. An air cushion of only two seconds when starting up a new turbocharger demonstrably leads to turbo - bearing damage with rejection of the warranty.
(16) Start the engine and let it build up full oil pressure for some time with increased idle speed.
(17) After start-up, check all air, gas and oil lines and the tightness of the connections.
(18) Safety instructions: During and immediately after operation, do not touch the turbocharger, hot surfaces.
Attention ! Attention ! Attention !
Warranty and/or liability claims against us will not be considered if a turbocharger is used without observing the above installation instructions.